Thursday 12 December 2013

Half-Suns


I'm definitely going through a seasonal colour palette phase (see my mermaid colours with a fishtail accent mani) - I love choosing colours of the same family! These colours screamed for a fun and summery design so half-moons it was. The dots seemed perfectly fitting to make my half-moons look like little suns as I return to summer next week...maybe they should be called half-suns instead?


The colours I used were Kiko Yellow, Rimmel How Do You Like It? (purple), Rimmel Tangy Tangerine (orange) and Sephora Dinner for 2 (pink). I started by painting my base colour (the colour of the half moon) over the whole nail. Once it was dry, I placed an adhesive circle sticker over my half moon and painted a different colour over the top. While the nail polish was still wet I removed the sticker. I then used a toothpick to paint small dots around the circle of the half moon. 


Unfortunately it was dark when I finished this mani and by the time I took photos the next morning I had some pull back from the top of nail from my top coat. Oh well! I think I will make a tutorial for this mani soon so I will be able to take some better pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment