Monday 9 December 2013

Triangle Mani with Pink and Yellow Gradient


One of my biggest secrets with nail art was that I had never done a gradient using a sponge. I've always cheated using jelly polishes and covering it with a glitter topper. Chalkboard Nails sums it up perfectly here. So I wanted to try a sponge gradient but didn't want to bother with the clean up without having my acetone on me and that's where the triangle pattern came in!


Definitely room for improvement with my sponge technique! I've learnt it works best painting the nail polish straight onto the sponge. It also blends better if it's done right first go (like on my middle finger) rather than dabbing the sponge and trying to blend it further yourself (like on my ring and pinky finger). I will be trying a sponge technique tomorrow for day 10 of the December nail art challenge so hopefully I will be more successful!


No comments:

Post a Comment