Sunday 8 December 2013

Mermaid Colours and a Fishtail Accent


Could I start by saying how amazingly perfect is the carpet background in this photo? It's the hallway carpet in my boyfriend's brother's apartment in Scotland and it really couldn't have worked out any better for my colour scheme. Here is my first attempt at fishtail and in keeping with the under the sea theme, I've opted for beautiful greens and blues. The colours I've used here are Essie The More The Merrier (pinky), Rimmel Pear Drop (middle) and Kiko Green (index). 



I've realised now looking at other fishtail mani's I need to keep my diagonal strips moving from the outside to the centre - rather than from side to side - to get the same look as a plait. I've also realised that clean up is ALWAYS a nightmare when you flood your cuticles with blues :( Still I love this design and this colour scheme, expect to see a lot more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment