Friday 13 December 2013

Snowflakes + Nail Fail


Day 13 of the December nail art challenge is snowfall. Originally, I read this as snowflakes and so that's why my nail is heavily focused on just the flakes! I mixed my own base through Essie Blanc (white) and Sephora Curacao (blue) for the base and used a cut down nail art brush with Essie Blanc for the snowflakes.


I thought this design was waaaay to common and simple when I first finished and really didn't like it at all. However the simplicity and subtlety has grown on me!


I tried to add some black and white glitter over the top to make it more interesting and more appropriate for the nail art challenge but it turned out to be a huge nail fail! H&M Graffiti Nail Polish Black/White Glitter is so dense that it completely covered the design. I did enjoy the contrast of the pale blue with the black glitter so I kept it on for the day anyway.


You can see the rest of my nail art for the December nail art challenge here.

No comments:

Post a Comment