Tuesday 10 December 2013

Studded Night Fall


One thing I am noticing A LOT in the UK is nightfall - since it gets dark around 4:30! So it only seemed appropriate to pay tribute on my nails. I actually had this idea stored in the back of my mind for a while and then when I noticed that the theme for day 10 of the December nail art challenge was studded it seemed to be fate.


I used Sephora Black Lace (black) and Sephora Curacao (blue) for the gradient. The gold studs were also purchased from Sephora and the stars are from H&M. I started with a sponge gradient of black to blue on all nails. I then used nail glue to stick one star on each nail, trying to keep it random. I finished by covering each nail with a slow drying top coat and placing the studs with tweezers while it was still wet. I sealed the whole thing with Seche Vite!


The only thing about this mani that really bothers me is the clean up! Black and blue are so difficult to get out of your cuticles and I wish I had waited till I was reunited with my acetone next week so I could really do a clean job. The studs also were shiner before I Seche Vite'd the whole thing, I should have taken photos then. I also took some snaps of the mani under artificial light as I liked how my nails looked, even if my skin colour is a little off.



You can find more of my nail art for the December nail art challenge here.

No comments:

Post a Comment